[Openswan Users] ASSERTION FAILED Request for Help

David Klann dxklann at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 19:21:13 EST 2008

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 13:21:48 +0200
Eray Aslan <eray.aslan at caf.com.tr> wrote:

> On 08.03.2008 13:14, Paul Wouters wrote:
> > At least point, I would ditch the gentoo compiled kernel and compile
> > your own. I am not sure what they have done to it that is breaking
> > openswan.
>
> Openswan 2.4.11 runs fine here on 2.6.23-gentoo-r8 kernel.  I doubt
> gentoo patches are the reason for OP's troubles.

Well, I tried both: a 2.6.23-gentoo-r8 kernel, and a vanilla 2.6.22
kernel, hand configured from stock sources. This is starting to
concern me!

Eray, could you please diff my .config with yours and send me the diff
output? Or send me your .config so I can compare with mine? Also, what
version of GCC are you using? I'm using 4.2.3.

Paul, can you tell me in a bit more detail what the code in
kernel_alg_register_pfkey() is doing?

Thanks for your help!

 -David Klann