[Openswan Users] Unable to connect to Openswan/L2TP from Sprint Wireless Broadband

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Mar 5 08:47:17 EST 2008

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:

> Definitely not NTU-related.  Pings do not work, nor am I able to telnet
> directly to an open port (say 22 or 80, even with the laptop's firewall
> disabled).

Then I don't know. At least the forceencaps helped you I guess.

> Hmm.  Is Mac OS X's implementation KLIPS or something else?

No, its KAME based. Though if you checkout the git #ikev2 tree, you
should be able to compile Openswan for OSX. Userland should be fully
functional, but injecting policies or state into the kernel has not been
completed yet, though the tools support the KAME/BSD kernel.

Paul, who has an OSX laptop, and would like to run openswan on it :)