[Openswan Users] L2TP problem... I think

Andrew Tolboe tolboe at reaction-eng.com
Sun Mar 2 23:31:07 EST 2008

Jacco de Leeuw wrote:
> Andrew Tolboe wrote:
>

>> I'm at home (behind a little router box).  So the server is listening
>> right on the public ip, so there is no NAT-T on the server side, but it
>> is possible that the clients are behind NAT-T.  Is this incorrect usage
>> of that setting?
>>

> No, that should work. Perhaps you could post the output of 'ipsec barf >
> output.txt' after you try to connect? And which l2tpd version are you
> using?
>
> I cannot imagine that Windows does not log some kind of error code.
> IIRC it says something even at an interactivity timeout. You could
> even look in the Eventviewer if there is no popup window.
>
> Jacco

Oh yeah, and since its debian it was easier to install l2tpd, xl2tpd is
no in the repository so I would rather stick with l2tpd.  I have also
gotten this to work with my radius server and I understand thats a
little bit of a pain in xl2tpd.  So I would rather stick with l2tpd but
if I have to I could compile xl2tpd.

Thanks
-Andrew