[Openswan Users] FW: Please help me with openSuSE 10.3 host and Vista clients

Wei-min Lee weiminlee at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 2 19:25:26 EST 2008

> Hi, I'm at the point where my Vista client will generate the following
> messages on the server but never completes the connection.  I'm using

> Mar  2 14:39:44 dwelnxsrv1 pluto[1864]: "L2TP-PSK-noNAT"[2] 192.168.2.22
> #4: STATE_QUICK_R2: IPsec SA established {ESP=>0x07e8e2ed <0xcd6525f3
> xfrm=AES_128-HMAC_SHA1 NATD=none DPD=none}

What error message does Vista generate? Did you look at the logs of the
L2TP server?

Vista event viewer just says "...dialed a connection named VPN Connection
which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 0."

L2TP server logs...OK, I guess that's what's wrong.  I never configured a
L2TP server.  I read that it could either be another Windows server or
SAMBA, but have not researched the configurations required for SAMBA.

Wei-min Lee