[Openswan Users] Change routing in openswan server

Arnel B. Espanola aespanola at arts.ucla.edu
Wed Jun 11 18:03:32 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have two interfaces in my openswan server and they are on different
network. To illustrate it, let's name it as Eth0 (public) and
Eth1(private). The Eth0 has the IP address of VPN (1.2) where
unauthenticated clients connect. And Eth1 has the IP address (2.2) that
is in the same network of authenticated clients. I've noticed what's
happening when clients connect to the VPN (1.2) and then get
authenticated it will get routed back to 1.1 (g/w of Eth0). I'd like, if
possible, all authenticated clients' traffic to be routed to Eth1 after
passing the authentication. The reason I want to do this is to secure
the the authenticated network (1.1.2.x). Does anyone knows how it can be
done?

                      Eth0    VPN    Eth1
1.1.1.x|gateway|---------| openswan |----------|gateway|1.1.2.x
               1.1      1.2         2.2        2.1

Any help or suggestions on how can this be setup will be greatly
appreciated.

Arnel