[Openswan Users] (no subject)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Jun 2 12:17:49 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Rick Cooper wrote:

> Looking for a little help compiling openswan on Centos 5 (final)
> 	Openswan version openswan-2.5.17
> 	kernel 2.6.18-53.1.21.el5-i686
>
> I can build the userland programs and I can build with netkey support only .
> When I try and build with KLIPS

I would wait about a week and pick up openswan 2.6.14 instead. I'll try and
have various kernel flavours nat-t patches available.

> There is no udp.c to be found in the source tree?

It's in linux kernel tree, in net/ipv4/

> I would *really* prefer KILPS over netkey because of the firewall
> interaction, I cannot imagine what was going through the minds of the
> developers when they decided not to use ipsec* interfaces.

It was not our choice. We prefer ipsecX interfaces too, especially with
the NETKEY oddities with tcpdump on top of the firewall stuff too.