[Openswan Users] (no subject)

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Thu Jul 24 18:57:00 EDT 2008

Try again, anyone, anyone, have a clue as to why I cannot build the KLIPS
support (do not want or need NAT-T) as per below

Kernel 2.6.25.10 (from kernel.org)

>From the clean, pristine kernel source tree:

make mrproper 	-> NO PROBLEM
patch -p1 < openswan-2.4.13.kernel-2.6-klips.patch 	-> NO PROBLEM
make dep 	-> NO PROBLEM
make bzImage  	-> NO PROBLEM
Make modules FAILS SEE BELOW

CC [M]  net/ipsec/ipsec_init.o
In file included from net/ipsec/ipsec_init.c:85:
include/openswan/ipsec_esp.h:52: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list
before 'des_key_schedule'
make[2]: *** [net/ipsec/ipsec_init.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [net/ipsec] Error 2
make: *** [net] Error 2

The relevant piece of code in include/openswan/ipsec_esp.h

Line 51	struct des_eks {
Line 52		des_key_schedule ks;
Line 53	};

Does anyone have any clue as to what the deal might be? Can *anyone* give me
a straight up way to build openswan with klips and without nat-t
That will actually build? Please list the items I need below

	OpenSwan version
	Kernel version
	klips patch version (if required)

Rick Cooper