[Openswan Users] how to compile 2.6.14. on 2.6.18

Massimo Mazzoldi mmazzoldi at direte.it
Fri Jul 18 05:37:59 EDT 2008

I'm trying to compile

kernel 2.6.18
to use it with openswan 2.6.14

since I read that they should work together....

yet up to know I alway have problem ...
after compiling.... pluto doesn't start.

I absolutely need klips working...

I used commands found on wiki installing page.
http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/BuildingFromTarballsFor2/6

Everything works as usual except for nat patch.
make nattpatch2.6 > ../nat-t-patch-2.6.diff

yet at the end... it won't start.

reading the ML I found out that I have to up everything with...
make KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux precheck verset kpatch

is this right?

to access menu I had to:
Comment out the line "depends on NF_CONNTRACK && NETFILTER" in
linux/net/ipsec/Kconfig.
(I had en error before).

At the end of it I don't find IPSEC NAT TRAVERSAL in
networking -> networking option

but I find Klips option in networking...

am I doing right?

Does anyone know what is the right way to compile openswan with klips?

Thank you
Regards
Massimo

Ing. Massimo Mazzoldi
Responsabile Tecnico, Ricerca & Sviluppo
Tel 030.9111785
Cell 335.7886689

DiRete sc
Via G. Di Vittorio 85, 25010 Desenzano del Garda (BS)
P.IVA ed iscrizione Registro Imprese di BS: 02452020981
Iscrizione all'albo delle società cooperative: A139218
Tel. 030.9902701
Fax: 030.9111872