[Openswan Users] iPhone VPN Connection

Chase Douglas chasedouglas.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 23:41:15 EDT 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 5:46 PM, Paul Wouters wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Chase Douglas wrote:
>
>>> If you use IPsec/L2TP, you get internal DNS servers via L2TP, and it
>>> should all just work.
>>
>> If that's true, then I guess I'm missing some configuration of
>> L2TP. Could you provide a link to any docs with more information?
>
> openswan examples can be found in /etc/ipsec.d/examples/
> xl2tpd ships with example l2tp configurations for use with openswan

I'm not trying to be dense here, but I've pored over man pages and all
the docs I could find, along with various google searches like "xl2tpd
dns" and I haven't found anything except the -adns and -lwdnsq flags
which seem like they could possible have something to do with it.
However, I haven't found good docs explaining what they are or how to
use them. Could you point me a little more directly to the parts of
the examples or docs that deal with dns over l2tp?

Thanks