[Openswan Users] openswan+netkey <-> racoon on linux

Peter Rosenthal voiperster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 06:32:54 EDT 2008

Hi Paul,

The configuration is:

# Racoon IKE daemon configuration file.
# See 'man racoon.conf' for a description of the format and entries.

path include "/etc/racoon";
path pre_shared_key "/etc/racoon/psk.txt";
path certificate "/etc/racoon/certs";

sainfo anonymous
{
        pfs_group 2;
        lifetime time 1 hour ;
        encryption_algorithm 3des, blowfish 448, rijndael ;
        authentication_algorithm hmac_sha1, hmac_md5 ;
        compression_algorithm deflate ;
}

remote A.A.A.A
{
        exchange_mode aggressive, main;
        my_identifier address;
        proposal {
                encryption_algorithm rijndael;
                hash_algorithm sha1;
                authentication_method pre_shared_key;
                dh_group 2 ;
        }
}

config setup
        # Debug-logging controls:  "none" for (almost) none, "all" for lots.
        # klipsdebug=none
        # plutodebug="control parsing"
        # For Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora, leave protostack=netkey
        protostack=netkey
        nat_traversal=yes

conn ord-lan
    authby=secret
    keylife=3600s
    left=A.A.A.A
    leftsubnet=172.16.0.0/24
    leftnexthop=C.C.C.C
    leftsourceip=172.16.0.254
    right=B.B.B.B
    rightsubnet=192.168.40.0/24
    rightnexthop=D.D.D.D
    rightsourceip=192.168.40.2
    auto=start

I will do some research on ikev2 with racoon.