[Openswan Users] Does Xauth client work? - Fatal error

Rajitha Reddy RReddy at mocana.com
Tue Jul 15 23:26:54 EDT 2008

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the immediate response. Appreciate your time.

Can you please take a look at the following questions:

1. I have configured the Server as follows:

conn server
                authby=secret
                left=192.168.3.38
                leftxauthserver=yes

                right=10.8.10.244
                rightxauthclient=yes

                ike=3des-sha1
                esp=3des-sha1

                auto=add

and /etc/ipsec.secrets is as follows:
192.168.3.38 10.8.10.244 : PSK "xauth"

and client as follows:

conn client
                authby=secret
                left=10.8.10.244
                leftxauthclient=yes

                right=192.168.3.38
                rightxauthserver=yes

                ike=3des-sha1
                esp=3des-sha1

                auto=add

and /etc/ipsec.secrets is as follows:
10.8.10.244 192.168.3.38 : PSK "xauth"

Now, I start the ipsec on the server:
/sbin/service ipsec start

And on the client, I start the ipsec and bring the connection up:

/sbin/service ipsec start
/usr/local/sbin/ipsec auto --up client

With this, the client asks me for the user name and password. But, I haven't configured the username. But, have configured ipsec.secrets for the PSK. It is here that I am getting stuck. Can you please tell me where I should configure the username and passwd?

Thanks for reading through my email.

Regards,
Rajitha.