[Openswan Users] cannot respond to IPsec SA request because no connection is known for 134.159.111.98

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Jan 29 18:07:02 EST 2008

Sebastian McDonagh wrote:

> One thing to note though is when i try to connect through a windows xp client
> l2tp not natted i get the same error message.

You are connecting to the server on 192.168.1.254, but left=%defaultroute is
at 134.159.111.98. So Openswan ignores this.

I suppose if you use:

conn roadwarrior-l2tp-updatedwin
   left=192.168.1.254

it should work, but 192.168.1.0/24 is an internal network, presumably.
So you probably do want to use left=%defaultroute, but then you need to
connect with a client from an external location.

You might also need to exclude all your internal subnets in virtual_private=.
I would also suggest removing 'conn roadwarrior-l2tp' and tell people to
install the Windows 2000/XP NAT-T update, XP SP2 or Vista.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl