[Openswan Users] Help: Problem like unable to load private key

mohamed mydeen abmmydeen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 06:21:33 EST 2008

Hi All,

When I try to create .p12 file for Windows XP using openswan(using
X.509:openssl),I am getting the error as "unable to load private key". I
have used the following command.

$ openssl pkcs12 -export -in winhost.example.com.pem -inkey
winhost.example.com.key -certfile demoCA/cacert.pem -out
winhost.example.com.p12

I am referring the following link to create tunnel between linux PC and
windows PC which are connected in LAN.

http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/ipsec-x509.php

I have referred the openswan mailing list also for these kind of errors. But
still I am not able to remove this error. I have created certificates for
Linux machine.  But due to this error I am not able to create certificate
for Windows.
I have been struggling to remove this error for more than five days.

Kindly give your vaulable suggestions.

Regards,

Mohamed Mydeen A