[Openswan Users] Openswan and Kernel Source

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Fri Jan 11 14:15:00 EST 2008

Well don't know why the natt patch failed, I don't use it myself.
However, you must patch a vanilla kernel (one downloaded from
kernel.org rather than one provided by your linux distribution,
which is typically patched by the distribution maintainers.)

As for still getting NETKEY, did you specify KLIPS in the kernel
config. You must patch the kernel source, then use one of the
make config options, I like menuconfig. There you must disable
NETKEY and enable KLIPS either as a module or built in. Then you
must recompile the kernel and modules.

More details here:
http://www.installationwiki.org/Openswan#The_Kernel_Build_Options

Peter McGill