[Openswan Users] Help: setting up tunnel between roadwarrior and anetwork through Firewall

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Wed Jan 2 11:54:54 EST 2008

What does your ipsec.conf look like?
Did you set leftid and rightid?
For Roadwarrior using psk, you need to set leftid and rightid.
They don't have to actually be fqdns names, simple text names will work like:
    leftid=@rwlaptop
    rightid=@offserver

ipsec.secrets should look something like:
<office server ip> %any : PSK "<secret key>"

If the firewall is NAT'ing traffic passing through it, then you'll need NAT-T support on
both end points, in addition to allowing/forwarding the IPSec traffic received by the firewall.

Peter McGill