[Openswan Users] SLES10 SP1 and openswan 2.4.11

Nicole Hähnel nicole.haehnel at gmx.net
Fri Feb 15 06:11:59 EST 2008

Hi,

is anybody using SLES10 SP1 and openswan 2.4.11?
Please send me some experiences.

We first tried with klips:
- module compiled with a little modification in ipsec_kversion.h

#ifdef SLE_VERSION_CODE
#define HAVE_NEW_SKB_LINEARIZE
#endif

- module loaded without any problems
- ipsec interface available

But after 5 or 10 minutes server hangs, I can't see any errors!

Now we're running netkey.
But it's not the best.
- I can't use "ipsec look" for checking if all tunnels are up.
- firewall rules not working like before with klips
- after rebooting the server no tunnels come up, I have to do this manually

Maybe it's a config problem or something else.

The best solution is klips I think, but all servers I tried with are dead after a few minutes.
(We need SLES10 SP1 for running Novell Open Enterprise 2)

Thanks!
Nicole