[Openswan Users] Problem with L2TP on Centos EL5

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Dec 24 23:36:29 EST 2008

http://bugs.xelerance.com/view.php?id=1004

> What do you propose to do in that case? I can not change the distro. If you
> know the kernel versions that fixed that bug, I can recompile the kernel.

You can try using openswan 2.4.13, or you can try compiling klips into
the rhel kernel but then you probably also need the nat-t patch because
your windows clients are behind nat.

> Can you propose to go with KLIPS? Is it known to be compiling in RHEL5
> kernel?

redhat tends to push really recent kernels, but with rhel it might be
more stable then fedora, so it could work. I guess ideally we fix bug
1004. The problem is that the wrong policy is injected in the kernel
(virtual ip instead of the real ip)