[Openswan Users] Keylife and ikelifetime

openswan at thefeds.net openswan at thefeds.net
Tue Dec 23 14:29:31 EST 2008

Both ends have the same lifetimes defined. I noticed after I sent my last
mail that the default rekeyfuzz was 100%. This explains why the end that
recieved a proposal would sometimes set EVENT_SA_REKEY to be around 2500
seconds when the default lifetime is around 8000 seconds. I have now
explicitly set rekeyfuzz to 0% on one of my connections and it is keeping
SAs in step much better.

I don't think the last version of openswan that I used had rekeyfuzz at
all, thus I wasn't expecting it to have such a large default.

Thanks
Tim