[Openswan Users] Tunnel up but cannot ping the other side

Alfonso Viso alfonso.viso at selftrade.com
Tue Dec 23 11:05:41 EST 2008

hello Paul,
'ipsec verify' display this:
 ~]# ipsec verify
Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path                                 [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.4.13/K2.6.17-1.2142_FC4smp (netkey)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel                            [OK]
Testing against enforced SElinux mode                           [OK]
NETKEY detected, testing for disabled ICMP send_redirects       [OK]
NETKEY detected, testing for disabled ICMP accept_redirects     [OK]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)               [DISABLED]
  ipsec showhostkey: no default key in "/etc/ipsec.secrets"
Checking that pluto is running                                  [OK]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding            [OK]
Checking NAT and MASQUERADEing
Checking for 'ip' command                                       [OK]
Checking for 'iptables' command                                 [OK]
Opportunistic Encryption Support                                [DISABLED]

the line 'Checking NAT and MASQUERADEing' is ok?.
thanks
regards
Alfonso