[Openswan Users] AES with 256 bits of block size!

Dariush Zahedmanesh zahedmanesh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 04:13:46 EST 2008

Hi paul
we changed the config file as you said, but there was an error as follow:
 esp string error: enc_alg not found, enc_alg="aes_", auth_alg="sha1",
modp=""

we think that the correct syntax is "ike=aes-256 and esp=aes-256", but it is
nothing to do with
the block size. (it only changes the key size not the block size).
It seems that in order to change the block size of AES in openswan the
source code should be changed. Because it is defined in
openswan-2.4.8/linux/include/crypto/aes.h as follow:
#Define AES_BLOCK_SIZE 16 (which means that the block size is fixed to 128
bits)
Thanks for your attention.

--
Dariush Zahedmanesh