[Openswan Users] RSA and RSA with XAUTH at the same machine?

harald.meyer7 at freenet.de harald.meyer7 at freenet.de
Sat Dec 13 14:20:38 EST 2008

Hi Folks!

I'm using Openswan 2.4.6 at a Debian machine as a "VPN concentrator" successfully with some road warriors with certificate authentication in Main Mode. (No policy groups.)

Now I want to add a Cisco alike client with certificate and XAUTH (iPhone).

For XAUTH I've to insert "leftxauthserver=yes" to my "conn %default" because it'll be ignored if it's placed in my "conn iPhone" (one of several conn descriptions).

With "leftxauthserver=yes" in "conn %default" XAUTH is mandatory. That's not acceptable, of course. (Not all clients are able to send XAUTH credentials.)

What can I do to get both RSA and RSA with XAUTH authentications?

Thanks a lot,
   Harald

#adBox3 {display:none;}