[Openswan Users] VPN with virtual nic

scotty_beamer at web.de scotty_beamer at web.de
Tue Dec 9 04:35:13 EST 2008

Hello!

I have a PC connected to a net via VPN ( which is starting just fine) but i am not able to ping any pc in the VPN.

My PC has one nic with 2 IPs as I am not able to use the DMZ network for that connection.

So I have eth3 with IP A and eth3:0 with IP B.

IP B needs to be used for the VPN connection.

How I just mentiened the VPN comes up just wonderful but when I ping a pc in the VPN i can not see any traffic via iptables in the vpn, so i think the routing is wrong.

I added :
 interfaces="ipsec1=eth3:0"

But that does not make any difference.

Does anybody have an idea how i can force the client to use the VPN-Tunnel ?

Thanks!

Saavik