[Openswan Users] IPSEC tool for XP/Vista

Beschorner Daniel Daniel.Beschorner at facton.com
Thu Dec 4 08:56:19 EST 2008

There were some complaints about Marcus Mueller's VPN tool not working
any longer with Vista.
Some time ago I wrote a similar tool for my own use, it's as the above
just a wrapper around the ipseccmd (XP) / netsh advfirewall (Vista)
commands.

Here you can grab it:
http://www.admodum.net/SDKGgk2g2/IPSEC.zip

For XP you have to completely install the "Windows Support Tools for
SP2" package or just put the ipseccmd.exe in the same folder as the
IPSEC tool. For Vista no additional tool is required, but SP1 (if you
want NAT-T, you'll need additionally KB957624).
Further you have to be administrator during execution to have the rights
to set up IPSEC policies.

Beside there is a config file to specify your connections; destination
net, gateway, cert.
Customize it, import your cert to the computer's store and simply type
"ipsec -(dis)connect".

At the moment it only works with certs and you can't change the default
crypto settings: PFS / rekeying 1h and dhgroup14:aes128-sha1 for Vista,
3des-sha for XP.

Maybe I'll provide the sources at a later time, the tool is no big deal
and free for use as it is.

Daniel