[Openswan Users] Can't see unencrypted traffic

Roberto Martins rmartinsjr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 18:06:25 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I've been searching, reading mailing lists, FAQs, documentation but can't
find a clue... If someone can help, I'd appreciate very much!

After some debugging I realized that I can't see unencrypted traffic on the
other side. If I ping from the left network some other host on the right
network, I see the ping request in the inside interface on the left
network's secure gateway, I see the encrypted packet in the external
interface of the left network's SG, I see the encrypted packet in the
external interface of the right network's SG but no unencrypted packet in
the internal interface of the right network's SG. What am I doing wrong?

I'm running two linux firewalls with CentOS 5, kernel version
2.6.18-53.1.21.el5 and OpenSWAN 2.6.14, and attached is the barf generated
in one of the firewalls. The other firewall's barf is pretty much the same.
All chains in iptables are flushed and the default policy is ACCEPT.

Please help!
Thanks in advance,
Roberto