[Openswan Users] question regarding set-up

Dan Meiron dim at caltech.edu
Wed Aug 27 16:27:58 EDT 2008

Attached is my ipsec.conf file which I use to make a road warrior
connection with a Netgear FVS124G VPN gateway

For the most part it works except for the following weirdness

1. I can't seem to get DPD to work - I use a hack of constantly pinging
a host inside the 10.128 network so that the connection does not time
out. The gateway does support DPD and when I use it with Netgear's
client (Safenet) it does stay alive. Anything worth trying here?

2. the more severe problem is that on some nets I do the key exchange
and routing successfully but I cannot ping or connect to anything. Is
this a problem with my set-up? On many other nets everything works fine.
I have checked with one provider and the ipsec ports are open and UDP is
also passed, Any thoughts? I know this sounds weird but perhaps others
had this experience

thanks for any advice

Dan