[Openswan Users] Openswan and Openwrt

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Aug 26 16:35:05 EDT 2008

> I'm trying to get openswan to work on then openwrt platform
> (openwrt.org). I see older packages for the 2.4 kernel, but nothing for
> the 2.6 kernel. Has anybody compiled openswan for openwrt before? I've
> been trying to do it using openwrt's build system but am having problems.

The supporting files are in packaging/openwrt. Those should be enough to
get things going with their buildroot system.

I had some builds lying around for the mips (eg tested on Asus WL500gP)
which I just uploaded to ftp://ftp.openswan.org/openswan/binaries/openwrt/

These are:

openswan_2.6.16dr4-1_mipsel.ipk
kmod-openswan_2.6.25.10+2.6.16dr4-brcm47xx-1_mipsel.ipk