[Openswan Users] pmtu / df-bit problem

Marek Greško gresko at thr.sk
Wed Aug 20 05:09:11 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my provider. Instead of application of PMTU
discovery he clears the DF bit of packets and fragments it.

When I receive two fragments they get silently dropped. I was thinking it is
because some ESP checksum get wrong because of DF-bit change of my provider.
But he states, that outer IP header is not a part of ICV, and it looks like
he is right.

Could somebody, please, give me an advice on this issue?

What is it. A firewall bug? Netkey bug?

When I use different provider who implements PMTU discovery, everything works
OK.

Thank you.

M.

--