[Openswan Users] Openswan ipsec is established but cant ping on either subnet

Sagar Thapa sagar at nt.com.np
Fri Aug 8 05:26:34 EDT 2008

Dear Paul,

The ipsec verify shows the following:

Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path                                 [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.4.7/K2.4.21-4.ELsmp (netkey)

Checking for IPsec support in kernel                            [OK]

NETKEY detected, testing for disabled ICMP send_redirects       [FAILED]
Please disable /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/send_redirects
or NETKEY will cause the sending of bogus ICMP redirects!

NETKEY detected, testing for disabled ICMP accept_redirects     [FAILED]
Please disable /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/accept_redirects
or NETKEY will accept bogus ICMP redirects!

Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)               [DISABLED]
ipsec showhostkey: no default key in "/etc/ipsec.secrets"

Checking that pluto is running                                  [OK]

Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding            [OK]

Checking NAT and MASQUERADEing                                  [N/A]

Checking for 'ip' command                                       [OK]

Checking for 'iptables' command                                 [OK]

Opportunistic Encryption Support                                [DISABLED]

Thanks,
Sagar