[Openswan Users] Irritating warnings/error messages

Torsten Luettgert t.luettgert at pressestimmen.de
Fri Apr 18 17:19:33 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-18 at 16:32 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> > Um, I use a monolithic kernel. Perhaps that is the problem?
>
> No, then it should detect netkey when it fails to detect klips. Did you
> enable all the NETKEY related options? Eg XFRM_* and ESP/AH/IPCOMP ?

What puzzles me is that it works fine after complaining, so it obviously
falls back to netkey eventually. Concerning options, I have those:

CONFIG_XFRM_USER=y
CONFIG_XFRM_SUB_POLICY=y
CONFIG_XFRM_MIGRATE=y
CONFIG_INET_AH=y
CONFIG_INET_ESP=y
CONFIG_INET_IPCOMP=y
CONFIG_INET_XFRM_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_TRANSPORT=y
CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_INET_XFRM_MODE_BEET=y
# CONFIG_INET6_XFRM_TUNNEL is not set    (because IPv6 is disabled)
CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_ESP=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_AH=y

I can send the complete configuration if that helps.

Regards,
Torsten