[Openswan Users] Error: "initial Main Mode message received on 192.168.23.23:500 but no connection has been authorized"

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Mon Apr 7 13:30:07 EDT 2008

BUI18 wrote:

> I thought that "left" is suppose to be the Openswan's internet gateway,
> which is why I specified 66.27.a.b.

No, this should be the IP address of the Openswan server itself.

> I did a tcpdump on the Openswan server and indeed it was receiving an
> initialization request on udp port 500.

Yes, but presumably for 192.168.23.23.

> Any suggestion on what left, leftnexthop and right, rightnexthop should be
> for this to work?

left=192.168.23.23
leftnexthop=192.168.23.1
leftsubnet=192.168.23.0/24
right=66.27.f.g
rightsubnet=192.168.99.0/24

I'm not sure if this will work but you should get a bit further and
if it does not work the logfile will tell which parameters are required.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl