[Openswan Users] WG: Problems connecting to IPSec server

Martin Krellmann martin at krellmann.net
Sun Sep 23 05:57:10 EDT 2007

Hi.

The certs are signed by the same CA.

> > The Oakley.log tells me that there is somewhere a private key missing,
but
> > I can't get where.
>
> Check with MMC:

It’s the point that confuses me... I already checked that it is really there
and the key is associated with the cert (I've created a pfx for the
certificate installation on the client)

No the CN is different. The one of the server is
vpngate.potsdam.krellmann.net and the one of the client
vpngate.trusetal.krellmann.net
(The one in the log snippet is from the client)

It is interesting, that the Peer SHA fingerprint is 00000000... Because of
course it is not zero

Eh, the error windows tells me at the connection attempt is: 786 ... failed
... Because no valid certificate was found on the computer.

Martin.