[Openswan Users] openswan to sonicwall

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Fri Sep 21 13:22:41 EDT 2007

If ipsec cannot find the connection that is in the conf, then
Either you changed the conf without reloading it, or there is an
Error in the conn which causes it to be discarded.

After updating you conf file, either:
ipsec restart
Or
ipsec auto --replace (conn)
ipsec auto --rereadsecrets
Ie) ipsec auto --replace sonicwall

Check your pluto logs for error's reading the conn.
It may indicate which line in the conn caused the error.
grep -e 'pluto' /var/log/*

Supply us your whole conf, the two lines below are not a whole conf.

Note: 71.36.0.0 is not a valid ip address, you must use a valid public (internet) ip address in left and right.
(left can also be %defaultroute to automatically get your public ip address from the default route.)
(right can also be %any to allow connections from any address.)

Peter McGill