[Openswan Users] Stuck at IP address for OpenSwanRoadWarrioragainst SonicWall

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Sep 20 09:11:59 EDT 2007

Marius Schrecker wrote:

> I'm not sure what SonicWall uses by default for the Global VPN client,

You have to find out which method is used and, if Sonicwall supports multiple
methods, which one you prefer for your Linux client.

> Can I manually assign an IP address on the hidden virtual interface (would
> be called ipsec0 if I could see it)?

There is no hidden virtual interface. Only if you use L2TP/IPsec there will
be a new ppp0 interface but it's not hidden. For the other two methods
packets are automatically encrypted if they are sent to the remote subnet.

You can perhaps manually assign a virtual IP address with e.g.
'leftsubnet=172.16.2.2/32' in your client configuration but all three methods
are automatic so they might assign you a completely different virtual
IP address from the 172.16.2.0 range.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl