[Openswan Users] Leopard IPsec initial test - failed

Alan Whinery whinery at hawaii.edu
Tue Oct 30 19:09:12 EDT 2007

Here's what worked for my guy -- note the use of MacMail "First Aid" --
this made the cert work again for S/MIME too...

1. download .p12 file to Downloads
2. open terminal window and type in: sudo
/Applications/Utilities/Keychain\ Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Keychain\ Access

3. Click on the System icon, then unlock the system keychain
4. Go to File, Import Items... and find the .p12 in the downloads folder
(note that you'll need to go to your user folder and look there)
5. Make your destination keychain "system".
6. click on Open
7. Enter the password you choose when requesting the certificate
7. Click on Always Trust when prompted

8. Go to Key Chain Access menu, then select Key Chain First Aid
9. Enter your username and password, click on Repair and then Start.
10. Click on it again to make sure there were no problems.
11. Quit Keychain