[Openswan Users] Can not compile Klips with Suse 10.3

roman roman at spreeweb.de
Sun Oct 14 14:54:24 EDT 2007

Hello all,
I am more or less novice to Openswan, but have expirience in Linux since
Y2K. I installed the new Opensuse 10.3 with Text interface, and the
prerequisites forced in Pauls and Kens Openswan book.  I tried openswan
2.4.7 and 2.4.9 Building the old-config kernel runs fine, Applying NAT-T
patch shows some errors ( I believe due to already built-in Suse patches)
nevertheless compiling succeeds, compiling and installing userland is fine,
but compiling KLIPS as loadable module or patching KLIPs into the kernel
fails at the same point with thousands of errors. By testing around I found
that man2html is missing in Suse, but installing from tarball cured that
part. Testing the specs file for Suse for installing as SRPM crossed some
quarrells with variable substitution but all of that is not the reason.
Any hints?

Regards,

Roman