[Openswan Users] XL2TPD/Double NAT issue

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Thu Oct 11 04:16:56 EDT 2007

Paul Wouters wrote:
>> Could this be an MTU issue? It is kind of weird that xl2tpd gets a
>> read-ready in select() on a socket but the next recv reports it would
>> still block. Or is this a kernel issue?
>
> It could be. Did you try setting the ethX mtu to  1472?

I think I am doomed. This box gives me a lot of headache. When try to
change the MTU with

ifconfig eth0 mtu 1472

I always get an error:

localhost kernel: eth0: Ilegal MTU value 1472,  rounding MTU to:
  1500

It does not matter what I set it will only accept 1500.

> Did you also ensure the firewal was off, just in case?

On the server the firewall is not even compiled into the kernel.
Everywhere else it is off.

Gerald