[Openswan Users] route up before tunnel up

Dragos Gabriel Stoica sg.dragos at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:51:22 EDT 2007

thx for reply.

about forums, there is not only phpBB out there :-) , there are some
GPL software forums where u can subscribe to the thread you have
posted, subscribe to other thteads or subscribe to all and receive by
email only what you want to receive. (not all users at maillist)

about the link above, its not what i need. ive read it before mailing here :-)

i have an equipment for the mpls tunnel, i have a linux server for
openswan where i concentrate about 30 trendnet routers in metropolitan
area and 8 alliedtelesyn routers national area. I have ospf between
the linux router and the equipment for mpls. all ok till now. my
probblem is when i try to set up a backup link between linux server
and the equipments in the mpls network (provider1) trough openswan
ipsec.

my problem is that openswan its seting a scope link route in the
system by calling _updown before the tunnel up.

is there any way to call that script from pluto at tunnel <name> up or
down events ? and not at start pluto or stop pluto ? cose i dont have
only one tunnel set up on that machine.

Thx