[Openswan Users] ipsec tunnel breaks down after one hour

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Wed Oct 3 11:58:53 EDT 2007

Paul Wouters wrote:

>> the Vista client gets disconnected after one hour. It seems as if
>> something during the rekey attempt goes wrong.
>
> Correct. I've notified Microsoft of this issue. You are not the fist to
> encounter this. It seems their rekeying code contains a bug where it tries
> to negotiate a "new" connection for the current one.

Do you know if this happens with other servers too, such as racoon or Windows
2003? I don't mind if it is a bug in Vista but I would hate it if the bug only
pops up when connecting to non-Microsoft servers.

And I suppose it doesn't matter if NAT is involved or not? And if you use
IPsec without L2TP or not?
(http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/vista-openswan.html#AuthIP

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl