[Openswan Users] first time install

D. Remy don at nucenter.org
Tue Oct 2 12:33:27 EDT 2007

Please forgive me if this question has already been asked, but I didn't
see any way to search previous postings for the answer.  I'm hoping to
setup OpenSwan on a Centos 5 box to allow Mac and Windows road warriors
easy connections into the network.

The design would be something like:

(road warrior dhcp address)----Internet------(public IP/29)--1st subnet
(still public IP/24) 1.2.2.0

2nd subnet (public IP/24)  1.2.3.0

the two internal IP's are both on the same network card with one nic
being a virtual interface (eth1:1).   I'm hoping someone has a  sample
config to for OpenSwan that would assign the road warriors an ip address
from the 2nd subnet.  I'd like to setup a range of 8 IP's at the end of
that range for them to use so that local machines can easily see them
and they can see all machines inside the network.  The road warriors
will never have a static IP to attach from since they are traveling
around and just using motel/public access nets.

I appreciate any help you can offer,

Don