[Openswan Users] IP fragmentation in Linux

Subray Bhat Subray.Bhat at lntinfotech.com
Wed Nov 28 03:46:05 EST 2007

I need to fragment the IPv4 packets which are longer than MTU and DF bit
is not set.
Is there any inbuilt function in linux kernel to fragment the packet
according to the size MTU of next span of the network?
How do I send the packet to linux kernel and how do i recieve the
fragmented packets from linux kernel?
plz suggest me some packet handling mechanism in such case.
Mainly i need to do this operation in IXP2350 processor.

Thanks & Regards
Subray Bhat,
Software Engineer,
L&T Infotech,
Product Engineering Services.
(Communications SBU)

Postal address: L&T Infotech,
Plot No 25-30, EPIP 1st Phase Industrial Area,
Whitefield, Bangalore - 560066, INDIA.

e-mail:subray.bhat at LntInfotech.com

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

L&T Infotech Proprietary   L&T Infotech Confidential   L&T Infotech
Internal Use Only   L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.