[Openswan Users] iPhone ipsec/l2tpd summary

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Mon Nov 26 19:46:36 EST 2007

Quoting Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com>:

> Kim and me send a lot of email back and forth tryingto debug his iphone.
> In the end, this was the summary of the results

[snip]

One note that I would like to add that this is with the Openswan
L2TP/IPsec setup for Mac OS X clients, i.e. with rightprotoport=17/%any
(or rightprotoport=17/0 on Openswan 2.4.10+):

http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/openswan-macosx.html

Also, I noticed that Apple has released source code for Mac OS X 10.5
and 10.4.10: http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/
I suspect the iPhone's networking stuff is based on 10.5 so it might be
interesting to check out what has changed.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl