[Openswan Users] Stoped working

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Mon Nov 5 17:38:38 EST 2007

Got a call from my sub-admin today that the VPN didn't
work.

Hours of trying to figure out why (haven't touch the whole
thing in over a year so I was very rusty :).

Managed to figure out that the CA cert had expired saturday...

Darn! Looked for some links on how to extend it but failed
so I create a new CA, new certs and tried again...

No luck. I get error 786. Looking in the 'mmc' on the XP
host, I see that there's a warning in the cert change.

Freely translated from Swedish:

The [user cert] is not valid, since one of the certificate
routes in the certificate chain does not seem to have permission
to create certificates or can not be used as 'end entity
certificate' (!?).

Any ideas?