[Openswan Users] showhostkey no default key in ipsec.secrets

TESTVPN R119LNXADM testvpn.r119lnxadm at googlemail.com
Thu May 24 02:07:49 EDT 2007

Since your using debian I would suggest using the pico command.

go to root and type

pico /etc/ipsec.conf

now you are in the ipsec.conf file and change the conf file with this.

 #
# File: /etc/ipsec.conf
#
conn left-to-right
left=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx # Public Internet IP address of the
# LEFT VPN device
leftsubnet=255.255.255.0/24 # Subnet protected by the LEFT VPN device
leftid=@home # FQDN of Public Internet IP address of the
# LEFT VPN device with an "@"
leftrsasigkey=add your left key here
leftnexthop=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx # correct in many situations
right=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx # Public Internet IP address of
# the RIGHT VPN device
rightsubnet=255.255.255.0/24 # Subnet protected by the RIGHT VPN device
rightid=@work # FQDN of Public Internet IP address of the
# RIGHT VPN device with an "@"
rightrsasigkey=add your right key here
rightnexthop=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx # correct in many situations
auto=start # authorizes and starts this connection
# on booting

Now change all the xxx marks with your I.p adresses and hops!!! Remember
gateway goes left peer goes right.

greetings and goodluck,

Tjeard Attema