[Openswan Users] OpenSwan with XAUTH to sonicwall 2040

Aaron Kincer kincera at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:06:34 EDT 2007

Let me rephrase that. It works and the only issues I have I don't
believe are related to that. Here's my list:

-XAUTH and Openswan seem to be incompatible for reasons I haven't
determined.
-You cannot require DHCP over VPN on the Sonicwall although you can
allow both static IPs and DHCP.
-I haven't gotten traffic flowing from the other side of the Sonicwall
over the VPN (IOW no SSH yet) I'm sure it's possible. Just haven't spent
more than 5 minutes on it.
-So far, only one PC per subnet seems to be able to connect via
Openswan. If I connect my computer upstairs, the VPN downstairs goes
down. Haven't explored this yet.