[Openswan Users] kernel memory leak 2.4.7, 2.4.33 - misconfiguration or bug? (fwd)

Brad Langhorst brad at coopmetrics.coop
Fri May 11 18:30:45 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 17:49 -0400, Michael Richardson wrote:

> Hi, can you run the slabwatch during the transfer?
> Sometimes things aren't running out, but go short while in use.
> (and get cleaned up later on). But, if the later on never happens.
>
> But, you show the memory disappearing in the free output.
> And no processes are getting bigger?
exactomundo, there are tiny changes in the vmsize reported by ps aux,
but no where near enough to account for all the lost free memory.

I have some new information...
Once the time synced up exactly between the machines (which took quite a
while) the memory leak nearly disappears (only 4 Bytes for the same 20M
transfer).  I can duplicate it if i turn off ntpd and set the clocks
different.

I still think this is a bug, but it's no longer a critical bug for me.

Brad
--
Brad Langhorst
CTO - CoopMetrics