[Openswan Users] Subversion 1.4.3 "Resource Device" error on Windows platform.

Jim Barber jim.barber at ddihealth.com
Mon May 7 23:09:27 EDT 2007

Sorry guys. Wrong list.

Karl Fogel wrote:

> Do you have any virus scanners running on the Windows Server 2003 R2
> SP1 repository server?  Or any other daemon-style processes that walk
> around the filesystem?  It sounds like some other processes is
> accessing some of your repository's DB files, in an exclusive fashion.
> Unfortunately, I don't know much about Windows filesystems, but we've
> seen this kind of problem before.  Turning off various unnecessary
> system processes can help, I'm just not sure which ones to suggest.
>
> -Karl

The box is pretty much dedicated as a development repository.
While monitoring I also occasionally see the cidaemon.exe process access the file.
This is the Windows Indexing Service, so perhaps I should turn that off and see how we go.

The only other things that are on the box are exported file shares where developers dump files such as documentation etc.
There is also a Sharepoint server running on it also for documentation, etc.
Both of these services would not be interested in the Subversion repository area.

I'll turn off Indexing and see what happens.

Regards,