[Openswan Users] OpenWrt, inet: Unknown host

Marcus Carlson marcus at mejlamej.nu
Tue Mar 27 13:54:20 EDT 2007

Paul Wouters skrev:

>>> that I've never seen before.
>> Could it be something with busybox and/or the scripts cut the wrong piece from
>> ifconfig?
>
> I am running openwrt 0.9 with openswan on a few boxes, and do not see that
> error.

>>> Did you add interfaces="ipsec0=ppp0" ?
>>> I did not see a ppp device on your ifconfig line. Is your pptp/ppoe
>>> connection
>>> up? Perhaps you need a different interfaces= lines?
>> Not using ppoe, standard ethernet with static ip. I've tried setting interface
>> to the different interfaces (br0, vlan1). Atm the interface line is remarked.
>> Also when ifconfig -a I can see that the ipsec0 interface has the same MAC
>> address as vlan1 (which should be right, I think)
>
> You can always add ipsec0 to br0, ipsec1 to vlan1, to ensure all physical
> devices have an ipsecX device.

Tried setting interfaces to the following:
interfaces="ipsec0=br0 ipsec1=vlan1"

When doing ipsec restart I get two (!) Unknown host

root at OpenWrt:~$ /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipsec restart
ipsec_setup: rmmod: ipsec: Success

ipsec_setup: Stopping Openswan IPsec...

ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec 2.4.6...

ipsec_setup: insmod: a module named ipsec already exists

ipsec_setup: ifconfig: inet: Unknown host

ipsec_setup: ifconfig: inet: Unknown host

replace gets;

root at OpenWrt:~$ ipsec auto --replace mycon
ipsec_auto: fatal error in "mycon": %defaultroute requested but not known

Any other idea?

Thanks,

Marcus