[Openswan Users] Unauthorized remote IP address

Jax cybercorecentre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 09:35:36 EDT 2007

Hi folks!

I have a l2tp/ipsec vpn _CLIENT_ setup with the ipsec part already
completed and working (Openswan+L2TPD as client). L2tp successfully
authenticate but after that it drops the connection with:

pppd[27766]: local  IP address 10.0.0.1
pppd[27766]: remote IP address 10.20.30.1
pppd[27766]: Script /etc/ppp/ip-up started (pid 5314)
pppd[27766]: rcvd [IPCP TermReq id=0x2 "Unauthorized remote IP address"]
pppd[27766]: IPCP terminated by peer (Unauthorized remote IP address)

There are no  restrictions in chap-secrets or elsewhere. In l2tpd.conf

access control = no

So I just don't see how can I ignore this and force the connection. For
second guess it caused by a mechanism in l2tpd which deny the connection
if the LAN ip in the same subnet. Any ideas how can I solve this?

Regards,

Jax