[Openswan Users] L2TP connection creates a problem

Utkarsh Shah utkarsh at elitecore.com
Fri Mar 23 08:48:01 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have installed openswan v2.4.5.
l2tp server is listening on my lan interface (to protect server from
attacks)
When i create a L2TP connection where client is behind nat device (which
is gateway of VPN Server),
from vpn server i am not able to do normal browsing too.

during debugin i found that in the system routes where made like
from VPNserver_public_ip to gateway use ipsec_interface

my network setup is like

                                  public ip                  public ip
        private ip
]-------------[ISP's LAN / Client]

Kindly let me know the way to resolve it.

Thanks & Regards,
Utkarsh Shah