[Openswan Users] Openswan bridge

mizpevc at volja.net mizpevc at volja.net
Wed Mar 21 14:04:00 EDT 2007

Hello,

I was writting you yesterday. Thank you for your quick
replay. But I still didn´t solve my problem.

I want to make a bridge with openswan server. Who has one public
nick eth0 193.2.76.229 and eth1 10.10.10.1 on private LAN.
I want to connect with xptest client who has public IP 193.2.76.222 .
He must get new ip adress like 10.10.10.6 in a new device like tun0
if I use Openvpn. Is that possible?

And to get Xptest to look like is on another site of private network
10.10.10.0/24 with ip 10.10.10.6.

A sample picture, so you could get a better view.

                                                                10.10.10.4
             tunnel VPN        bridge eth0             ______  __________
 ________   ___________   _________________           |        |xpclient1|
| xptest |  ---------->  |OpenSwan Server  | _________|        __________
193.2.76.222              eth0 193.2.76.229           |______  __________
                          eth1 10.10.10.1                      | xptest  |
                                                               10.10.10.6

xptest on the right side is equal to the xptest on the left side
              10.10.10.6 =============== 193.2.76.222

Thank you in advance for helping me.

Best regards from Slovenia,

              Franci.